CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 8, 2008

When I got to the hospital I had to wait about 10 minutes before they would take me to see Dad. He was all settled into his own room waiting to see the doctor. You'll notice that he is sticking his tongue out at me in the "before" picture.

After the doctor had asked Dad about the history of his leg he started unwrapping the bandage to take a look. He was sure that the bleeding had stopped by now, but when he uncovered the vein it sprayed across the bed and Dad's shoe and onto the floor. The doctor actually thought it was kind of fun. He kept lifting up the bandaid to watch it spray. Eventually he started trying to stop the bleeding but determined the only way he was going to do that was to stitch it up. First he gave Dad several shots around the area to constrict the vein and numb the leg. Then he was able put in the stitches. While he was working Dad was telling him about my sick sense of humor and that I had actually brought a camera to the hospital to take pictures. The doctor looked up and said "ohhh, we should have taken a picture of the blood spraying out". It was then that he had me take a picture of Dad's shoe with the blood on it and of the stitches he had put in Dad's leg. So, I'm not the only one who has a sick sense of humor!

After the doctor was finished and the nurse had put several layers of bandage on his leg I took the "after" picture. The nurse even thought it was a fun idea to be taking pictures. After we were released and walking to the van I snapped one last picture. As you can see they had cut off the pant leg so Dad wouldn't have to walk out the door with blood soaked pants.

While this wasn't one of the most fun dates that Dad and I have been on, it will be one of the most memorable.

0 comments: